Group Insurance Benefits
For only a few dollars per day you can transfer the risk of injury or death to an insurance company that specializes in protecting union workers. Whether you’re out of work for a few months or a few years, the bills still need to be paid. This leaves the member and his family at risk of getting into debt, or even worse, complete financial ruin.
Ask yourself this question “If you are injured and unable to work, who will pay the bills?” Now ask the same question only add “for a year?”
A Specialized Group Plan can include the following:
- Coverage for Short-Term Disability (STD), Long-Term Disability (LTD), Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Accident, Critical Illness (including cancer), and Hospital Indemnity Insurance.
- Guaranteed Issue plans requiring no medical questions to secure coverage.
- Tax-free benefits.
- Coverage for spouse and children.
- Short-Term Disability plans with as low as 14 day waiting periods, and no offsets until 80% or 100% of pre-disability earnings have been reached.
- Third Party Authorizations allows for members to choose the day premium payments are drafted from their accounts.
Providing a group voluntary insurance plan for your Local or General committee has no downside.
Members who need on or off the job (24 hr. coverage) guaranteed issue Disability, Life and Accident insurance can participate. Nothing is forced upon the membership.
A group insurance plan can provide members with options to cover themselves as well as their families. Guaranteed issue coverage means all members, regardless of health, can get the insurance coverages they need. We provide a pick and choose (a la carte) option that allows members to only get the coverages and amounts they need with some of the highest limits in the industry.
We currently insure hundreds of unions and tens of thousands of members and their families. If your members are going to work without adequate benefits to shield them, then they are at risk and we can help!